Skip to main content

Local KBC? Wean away then....

Hi...I am back and sooner this time! How are you people maintaining your health??

Well, most of you, when I said 'health', you must be thinking of physical health and would be probably be priding yourself on your near-perfect body. And that certainly was not I meant....What I meant was mental health! Now that is one point for readers of this post to mull over and decide if you are healthy.

The point I am trying to drive home in this post is the mindless Q&A-like conversation taking place between two persons every now and then, in all walks of life ( some may include 'seemingly' in that sentence but I  thought that would be untrue!). That is the case mostly when the two persons involved are formal acquaintances. One asks a question and the other replies. That's it! The conversation ends. There are no leading questions to develop a kind of intimacy by which friendships bloom.

This, most of you,by now (majority, the elders), must be attributing it to the advent of cellphones and personal computers. And I, being in the teens, assure you that it certainly is not the case. Yes, time is consumed on the gadgets but an equivalent amount of time is also given to gadget-less activities. Then, where lies the problem?

Most of us believe in the depths of our heart that a trial-and-error method is a sure-fire way of perfecting yourself on any task. .Coming to the answer, the problem is that these gadgets struck the market while people are still in their growing stages. As a result, they could not try out that trial-and-error method of the art of  friend-making. (and yes, there will always be exceptions).

So, people, please try to form leading questions next time you converse with a formal acquaintance. I have experienced this a lot and hence thought I would touch on this subject. I am still trying to form those questions and I too am included in that list.

And last but not the least, enjoy the sporting extravaganza which is to commence at London today. Wonder how many of you will be up watching that magnificent spectacle.(Its at 1:30 a.m!!) Danny Boyle's creation. Well, I certainly cannot watch that, so comments are encouraged.... Hear you then from your comments..........Bye...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of sport, music, and dance.

Having born into a TamBrahm family, it was a default that I had to be surrounded by these three elements. Apart from the constant exhortation to ‘succeed’ in our grades at school, due to the alignment that we are part of (I do not want to use the word caste), our conversations hinged and revolved on majorly these three topics. Granted, there were exceptions according to each household and each parental mindset, but either all, or one, at the least, of these, were definitely a part of every TamBrahm household. Now, why am I ranting about these elements, in general or in separate? What spurred me to thrash out this piece on a non-eventful day? Why should I be putting these words to a screen for the world to read? How am I doing this (brace yourself for free advice on writing!)? When did the material for this piece (only intangible, unfortunately. I revel in them) originate? I will answer these questions, and you , the reader, be the judge of whether to skim, scan, or sprint from this pie

On P.G.Wodehouse and why he should be read more.

I enjoyed reading Saumya Balasubramanian's article in the Open page dated 16-JUNE-2019 (Wodehouse, undistilled). I truly believe this world needs to be made aware and talked of PGW's works more than it currently is now. I am all of 25-years old and I was initiated into the world of Wodehouse by my family who were and still are crazy fans of the author's oeuvre. When everyone around me was fervently and reverently talking of Jeeves, I would be gnawed by a feeling of being left out. Of knowing zilch about this fictional character who apparently had given and still gives a glut of laughs when his exploits were explored in family conversations. To add more salt to this wound, my aunt would relate anecdotes wherein she used to fight with her cousins and uncles and father of how and where Jeeves had been right and wrong.  I would feel frustrated at not being a member of this league and I resented that. One fine rummy day, I took a leap of faith from my staple reads of Hardy B

Thoughts into the abyss.

Do we think? Do we truly think? Response 1: Yes we do. We think and decide the food to be consumed daily, we think and plan ahead to reach our workplace or educational institution on time. We do think. A lot. Response 2:  Be more specific please. The universe is a melting-pot of disciplines. Where specifically is the area that you want me to base my answer to that question on? Response 3: What I think and profess to the world outside will be far different and occasionally be unreasonable to you. For this reason, I shall not answer the question. Response 4: We stress our brains quite intensely at the workplace or at the educational institution. Please do not plead with me to think anymore than I already do. Response 5: The age for thinking has passed me. Let me spend my days relaxing and taking rest after having run a metaphorical marathon my whole life. These are the typical comments that I could distill from my mind, imagining a situation where individuals of varying ages are